This course is composed of four modules concerning:
- The Basics of Cultural Control of Rice Insect Pests
- Single Field Cultural Control Practices
- Community-Wide Cultural Control Practices
- Cultural Control Options Against Specific Insect Pests
Upon completion of this course the user will:
- Learn about cultural practices that affect rice insect pest populations.
- Understand advantages and disadvantages of cultural control practices.
- Explore different types of cultural control practices and the scale of adoption needed to derive benefit.
- Differentiate between cultural practices needed at the single field level vs. those requiring community-wide adoption.
- Identify cultural control practices that can be adopted against specific pests