This paper discusses Risk Management in African Agriculture, Taking Stock of What Has and Hasn’t Worked. Asing if it is possible to design and implement an optimalvinsurance scheme that can encompass the desirable characteristics?
- Cost?effective (accessible to the producers)
- Easy to administrate and operate
- Not subject to moral hazard: takes into account incentives and strategic responses from the producers
- Coverage of a wide range of risks
- Fast, efficient and transparent benefit payments Financially sustainable (access to international financial markets)