Apornrath Phoonphongphiphat, Ho Binh Minh, Bruce Hextall, Julie Ingwersen, Jason Szep, Clyde Russell, Yayat Supriatna, Augustine Anthony, Erik dela Cruz, Lewa Pardomuan, Ratnajyoti Dutta, et. al.
Asian governments struggling to rein in food inflation have their work cut out for them as grain prices rise on tight supplies and growing demand runs down surplus stocks, while weather factors will add an unpredictable twist.
- Dwindling global rice surplus prompts price surge fears
- Australia wheat exports set to jump 9 pct to record
- Asia rice production, trade and policies
- Global food inflation to return after brief respite
- Big Asian rice buys raise spectre of scramble for supply