Pesticide Action Network (PAN) is a network of over 600 participating nongovernmental organizations, institutions and individuals in over 90 countries working to replace the use of hazardous pesticides with ecologically sound and socially just alternatives. PAN International’s work is guided by five common strategic objectives:
- Protect health and the environment by eliminating highly hazardous pesticides from the market and replacing them with sustainable solutions.
- Resist development and stop the introduction and use of genetic engineering into agricultural production systems.
- Promote empowerment of grassroots movements and citizens to fight agrochemical and seed corporations and challenge corporate globalization.
- Increase public investment, development, adoption and implementation of non-chemical alternative pest management systems.
- Develop further PAN International structures.